new switch story

IH ers,  I was over to a friend's house the other night and he
was showing me some boxes of old car parts he got from his
granddad who used to own a service station in the Denver area.
Anyone remember "Berridge Auto" on south Holly?  In among all the
Ford, Chrysler and GM boxes I spotted a box with a big IH on it.
Part #288196C91. Open it up and it is a brand new turn signal
switch.  Hmmm...I wonder what this fits?  Boy, I wish I had some
of my IH books with me, I could maybe look it up.  He says,
"there are some old books in one of the boxes and I think I saw
something with an IH on it".  We dig through the boxes and sure
enough there is a big brown envelope addressed to his granddad
from Siefert Pontiac in Denver.  Remember Siefert Pontiac as an
IH dealer? Inside is a brand new, still in the plastic wrap,
MT123 parts catalog.  Covers Scout 800A and 800B.  Turns out the
switch will fit my Dad's 66 800 and it is in need of one too.  If
you kit a bump pretty hard it will drift down and turn on the
left signal unintentionally.

Just goes to show, you never know when you can come up with some
new IH stuff, and even close to home.  I have promised to supply
a "pack" or 2 as payment.  And what is really cool is I now have
all the parts books for the Scout series, 80, 800 and Scout ll.

Kurt.