RE: Bumper Questions

Ken,

From what I gather, the typical receiver has a load limit of 5000 lbs.  Put
on a 9,000 lb winch, and, well - you get the picture.  I would certainly
beef it up in some way before slapping on a hefty winch.  Remember:  the
winch (it's pulling capacity) should be the weak link - this way the winch
does not have the strength to break anything holding it on/together.

Just a few opinions of a winchless guy.

Joe Costanzo
'79 Scout II