Non IH related riddle

This is not IH related becasue I wrote it for my English class and knew that
they would never understand anything IH related. Anyway I was told that there
was no way that anyone could ever solve this riddle that I tought was very
easy, so I figured that if anyone could find the answer, the digest could! By
the way all of the needed information is there, you just have to look for it.

It roars like thunder, from four jets of life,
Bored out .05, for the last ounce of power,
Flys away from the line like four hundred horses.

David Nuenke
(not a writer by any stretch of the imagination, just trying to pass English)