Another Scout Trip

For John L., Dennis, and others who may have been mildly interested I just
found out the the Spirit of 76 I looked at a few weeks ago is not going to
work out. Finally found out that a valve for the #8 cylinder is stuck, and as
a result the cylinder is not firing. The owner has now decided that he is
going to fix it and keep the truck, which I can hardly blame me for. However
there is good news because I found another Scout for sale. This one is also a
76 (great year for Maryland because emissions start with 77) with a 345/4
speed. The even better news is that it is only $2000 and the usual Scout body
work has already been done. I am going to take a look at it tomorrow, and if
all goes well I should finally have a Scout in my driveway by very late
tomorrow night.

David Nuenke