Tow Question

I'm planning a trip to fetch a Scout2 body my friend located.  We
plan on using a Ford Ranger PU V6 (guess 120hp) to pull a two axle
trailer with the body strapped to it (guess 3000# towed max).  It
will be a bitch to reposition the body, so I kinda' want to get it
right the first time.  Also, I do not want to get there and discover
the Ford-trailer combo a trip to hell (I don't think heaven is in
the cards).  Somebody out here once related a death teasing trip.  If
you don't mind, please respond direct whether weight ratio was the
problem.  Thanks!   Mark