Re: What kind of Top is this?

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Howard R Pletcher wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 23:32:30 -0800 lwong@domain.elided writes:
> >I found this on the Binder Bulletin's site.
> ><http://www.binderbulletin.org/travel/rmihr98/13.htm>
> >
> >What kind of Top is this and where can I get one? It looks sort of like
> >Extra-cab-targa-top-soft-top. The Scout belongs to Jim Homrich. Perhaps
> >one-off custom?  Anyone?
> >
> Haven't had a chance to look at the photo, but from your description, it
> sounds like the Suntanner top that IH marketed for the Terra.  It was a

Close, Howard. This truck was at Nats this year, too.  It's a one-off
custom.  It's a "fast back"/open back "Terra" top.  A TravelTop was cut
at an angle to closely resemble a Terra cab.. but with part of the
traveltop glass on the side "triangles" and the back was open with a
custom canvas "top".

This photo has a pic of Scot Clayton admiring the Scout, too!

Jim won the winch at RMIHR.. and had it mounted for Nats.. No.. make
that.. Jim won *MY* winch at RMIHR...grrr.. :-)

-Tom