Re:727 rebuilds for life, (or water profing a 727)

after muding my scout i too had to replace the trans.  to keep the water
out ,i tapped the vent hole and pluged it. carefully examining the case
i drilled a hole just past the pump housing. and i got it right!  i put
a fitting in the out side of the case and ran a hose up by the master
cyclinder.
ive had water up to my seat, but the trans hasen't given me any problems
at all.
if you need me to measure where i drilled the fitting let me know and
ill break out the tape measure.
mike a
northern va
"eat lower on the food chain"
ase master tech.
88 dodge dakota 4x4
80 cherokee chief
83 dodge mirada
79 extended van
78 dually conversion van
72 demon (not for sale)
71 demon
71 dodge dart parts car
68 camper special
68 polara con.
68 polara sw.
64 polara 2dr v-roof sedan
64 polara 2dr v-roof parts car from C@C
3-international harvester trucks (1550 roll back, 1210 p/u, scout ii)