Re: Clutch PP

 csibert@domain.elided wrote:

<Are the open and closed faced clutch pressure plate assemblies
interchangeable on an 800?<

   Not sure what is meant by open & closed face.   I was told by Bryant
Motors (a long time IH dealer) not to use a Rockford type clutch in my 800.
 Something about the linkage geometry only being correct for a diaphram
type pressure plate.

  I ignored the advice and used a new Rockford pressure plate, new disk,
new flywheel and sure enough, it wore out in a short time.

  I still don't know why.  But I don't care either cause now I've got a 727
and clutch/tranny probs are a thing of the past.

Doug