From: "Tom Harais" <tjhemh@domain.elided>
To: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>, <ihc@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump problem
Date: Mon, Feb 1, 1999, 9:12 AM

Hey Hoffs:

For a guy that turned me on to dielectric grease, you sure seem to be
slipping. :-)

Any electrical contact of a mechanical nature is sure to corrode
(electrolysis), sooner or later. And, dielectric grease, silicone,
other
materials help prevent this by excluding oxygen and moisture, which
are
both contributors along with the electrons that must pass from one
connection to the other. The "blue crud" is just good old copper
sulfate.

Tom H.