Off-digest topic question

Thanks to Jeff Gann, I'm about to replace my blowed up 392 with a good 304.

But, my Chevy ('90 3100) pickup is next in line.  It has about 250,000
miles on its original V-6, and it's smoking and using quite a bit of oil.
I have a less than perfect '83 Chevy van with a 90,000 mile 305 in it.

I was wondering how much trouble I'd have swapping the one into the other.
I'd have to go from flexplate to flywheel/clutch setup.  I'd also have to
add an adaptor for the TBI on the '90 to the manifold on the 305.  I think
TurboCity sells one of these.  I might have to swap computers, but maybe
not.

Motor mounts should be about the same, I think.  I should be able to find a
new fan shroud in a junk yard.  fuel pump and fuel lines should be doable.

How in the heck do you get an engine out of a van?  Put a cherry picker
inside the darn thing?

Anyway, I know I'm taking up bandwidth.  Please reply off-list if you have
any advice.

Roger Scow
Driveway full of old trucks
'79 Traveler