Sucking up?

First, Michael abuses me and then he is sucking up twice in one
digest. Hmmmmmm.
Speaking of Hofstetters, Michael, my Great-grandfather founded the
town of Colville, Washington, right on the Canadian border. It's
pretty neat for a Hofstetter to visit there because they have a
Hofstetter street, the John U. Hofstetter School, and antique places
sell the very old Hofstetter Brewery beer bottles. He was at one time
or another, the mayor, the sheriff, the school superintendent, county
supervisor, Brewmaster (his most important job, I'm sure) and God only
knows what else. A few years ago, we were in Colville and my wife and
I went to the newly built John U. Hofstetter School which had replaced
the old John U. Hofstetter School. As I was walking down the hall
toward the office, a secretary came out of the office, looked at me,
turned and looked at the wall behind her, looked at me again, turned
pale, and went into the office to tell the other folks there something
or other. When I got to where I could see the wall there was a large
portrait of me hanging on the wall above a plaque saying something
about Colville's most distinguished citizen.
The resemblance was dumbfounding, since in addition to looking like
me, he had the same gray beard, the same moustache, the ......
Well, you get the picture, so to speak.
Anyway, they were very nice to me every where I went in town that knew
any of the town's history. Some lady even opened the museum for us
even though it was a day that the museum wasn't supposed to be open.
Of course, the fact that my Great Aunt had given them most of the
stuff for the museum may have helped.

Guess I ought to write this up and put it on my web page since I don't
dare take the room here to tell you about my Grandfather, who was
banished from Colville by his father, and for good reason.
John H.