Re: What does a Scout 2 weigh?

>Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:50:05 -0800
>From: lwong@domain.elided
>Subject: Re: What does a Scout 2 weigh?

>So does anybody know the exact weight of 71 Scout II auto with a travel
top
>and also w/o the travel top?

>Thanks in advance.

>- -Les
I posted the weight of my Scout here about a month ago and I have lost
the napkin I had it written on so this is from memory (which tends to
embellish things).
77 SS II (soft top)
180+ driver on board
300 lb. of winch/bumper/hooks/stickers hanging on the front.
1/2 tank of 88 octane no-lead gas (so its lighter, right?)
Full front Roll cage.
tool box in back has about 100 lb. of "possibles".

Front axle weight was 2700
rear axle weight was   2070
total weight came to less than the combination of the two axles  by
about a hundred pounds.
so lets call it about 4700 which I think would be about right for one
with a travel top (heavy bugger), but without all the extra iron I have
bolted to mine.

Willy