Re: Transmission cross member

Chad wrote:
>The one I have is warped out of shape, slightly bowed downward and twisted
on the right side.  It still bolts into place, but I don't know if it's
keeping the transmission in proper alignment.  I'm not sure if a local shop
would be able to straighten it.<

Chad,

  Yes, they can be straightened.  I've fixed mine several times.  Those
cross members probably aren't as strong as they should be.  You might want
to have the shop weld a brace onto it, I did on mine and it hasn't  bent
since.

Doug