Re: Leaking bellhousing

Kevin:
  I have to go with John H. here.  It COULD WELL BE the rear main
seal on your Scout, but there are other, MUCH easier to fix leaks that can
APPEAR to be the rear main.  As I think John L. will attest to how much
of a PITA is is to replace.  The valve covers are notorious for leaking,
especially in the rear corners.  The valley pan, under the intake, can also
leak, especially at the rear.  But given the rate you described, I would
not think the valley pan is your problem.

Be sure to check the EASY stuff first.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup