Re: 304 carbs

If its not enough, You will run lean (occasional back fire under loads.....), and not have good power/response.  The small (~350 cfm) 2300 is the stock config for the 304, and they also came on 345s but had bigger jets (I think).  That carb will be fine for your motor unless you've increased its appetite for fuel by changing cams or some other tinkering.
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20