From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: ihc-digest V6 #513
Date: Mon, Jan 25, 1999, 12:14 AM

Assuming that it's the differential, and assuming that it will be
going
out in the next 5,000 miles or so, what would need to be done to
fix this - replace ring and pinion?  I've been quoted labor costs of
around $500, along with parts costs of around $200 to do this.  Should
I go with someone who specializes in this, or is the work simple
enough
for a generalist?  Any other work that should be done if I end up
doing
this?  Any ideas on a silver lining here?  I'm not really interested
in
a gear ratio change (I've got 3.73, and tow a camper thru the
mountains).
Would this be a good time to get an ARB installed, and save a bunch on

labor?

Thanks,

Ken Farmer