Re: How these things get started

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:07:12 -0500 "Chris and Ranae Procyk"
<procyk19@domain.elided> writes:
>You know futile it seems to be to try to stamp out the rumor that the
IHC
>304 is an AMC engine.  Well, here's a Navistar/International dealer
trying
>to piggy back on Ford's big advertising account:
>
>New 1999 Intl. 4700 LoPros, power stroke, (T444E), ....
>
>Now what do you bet that there's more than one person out there that
thinks
>that FORD is making the engines for Navistar!! ... and this
certainlydoesn't help.

>Hey Howard, speaking of Ford, has there ever been any rumors of them
>grabbing a chunk of Navistar?  Or all of it?  Seems like a logical fit.

I've heard nothing of any moves by Ford.  Now that they've dumped their
medium and heavy truck lines, it might make some sense, but on the other
hand, they sold the truck line to concentrate on cars and light trucks so
it would be a big turnaround.  But I'd be among the last to know if
something was happening--I'd find out right after the janitors!  But in
the coming years, something is likely to happen as the company works out
from the debt and pension problems and becomes more profitable.

I think the 444 is destined to be known by the world as the Power Stroke
because of the wide spread Ford use, but most people seem to know it's an
International engine in contrast to most people not even knowing IH built
gas engines

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]