Shower design 101

This sounds like it's getting serious.

Ken Farmer writes:

> Well, now that you guys got Tom started, here's a few more ideas:
>
> 2.  I'd store water in two 5-gal plastic buckets.  They are very easy
>     to fill.  Since you are talking about bringing this somewhere with
>     a bunch of folks, you might want the ability to give lots o showers!
>     Easy to tap, also, us beer-brewers do it all the time.  Also, you
>     could bring a few extras, and tell folks they could have a shower
>     as long as they bring their own water.

Homebrewing afield with an appropriately equipped IH?

> 3.  To heat it I'd connect the hose to a copper wire coil wound around
>     my catalytic converter.  I'd wrap the cat & tubing with insulation
>     to really concentrate the heat.

Don't know if you'd want to insulate the catalytic converter - they get really
hot. Tubing wrapped around the cat hmm, eyeing a wort chiller (copper tubing
spiral with hose fittings) that looks like just the thing :)

> 5.  To move the water I'd use a hand-powered pump downstream of the
>     Y.  You could also run an electric off your inverter, but I think
>     a hand-powered crank would be more fun.

How about one of those drill powered pumps in the hardware stores. Connect it to
a air-drill and the onboard compressor.......

Matt Palguta
    1980 Scout II no homebrewing mods (to the Scout at least)