Re: axle ?

>    My question is this, I'll now have a spare trak-lok with 3.07's on
> it. What do I need to do to put this in the front axle of Ugly? Do I
> need to use the existing R&P and reset the shims and stuff, or can I
> just pull the carrier and swap the ring from the rear off the Trak-lok
> and put the ring from the froont on it and re-install?

Assuming Ugly has 3.73 or "taller" gears and not 4.x series..

My assumption then is - yank the Ring & Carrier from the diff.  Remove
the ring gear from the carrier.  Do the same on the current setup in
Ugly.

Now put Ugly's Ring Gear on Good's carrier (with the Tracklok) and
install.

Most likely it'll involve some adjustments to shims and pinion depth and
all that.. I *think*, anyhow.  Put new clutches in while you're at it.
Enjoy your new expanded 4wd capabilities.

Of course, like I've told you before, Dan... $230 and you can just pull
the carrier out of Ugly, put the Lockright in, and reinstall - no
changing or fiddling.  With power steering, it still turns easy.  Even
with 33x12.50s.

I know you'll hate me know. :-)

-Tom
'77 Scout II - 20k on replacement rear Tracklok, 50 miles or less on the
front Lockright.