RE: Skip's mileage

Tom Harais wrote:

> One question: Did you allow for speedometer error when changing from stock
> to 235 to 32" tires?

Sorta: I've checked my speedo against other vehicles, and found myself off
about 10%.  I think that should be about the difference to expect with the
tire size change as well, but haven't gotten around to verifying that.

I initially tried to calibrate it against highway mileage markers, but after
putting the 4" springs in my scout handled so poorly that I could barely
keep
it in its lane at 60 mph, much less while trying to keep a consistent speed
and looking away from the lane ahead of me!  About this same time I was
begining
to develop carpal-tunnel syndrome in both my forearms from gripping the
steering
wheel like I was hanging from a rope for 3 hours a day!  Now that it's got
the
twisted axle it isn't a big deal anymore.

Ken