RE: New motor / Please No Chevy

>Unfortunately to do a full rebuild we're looking at about $1900 from
>what I've found. Over $1200 for the parts alone.

Eric,

Where are you buying the parts.  We've all see the FULL rebuild kits for
under $600.
With all name brand parts.  Now unless you are going to the BMW store to by
IH parts I can't see $1200 for parts.. even if you priced everything
separately and got it at "suggested retail".  Look it to it some more will
yea... I forget the name of the place that has the kits the cheapest but I'm
sure a post or two after mine someone will say.

Good luck,

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted
http://members.xoom.com/ScoutII