Re: stainless brake lines

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, amy lawson wrote:

> >From : John Ekelmann
> Where did you find skyjackers brake lines for scouts for $64 dollars like
> your website says? Was this for the pair or just one? Part #?

I think it was the front pair, but if I didn't say in my webpage, I can't
say for sure. :-)

The price was from Rocky Mountain Suspension.. the same place that sold
me the Skyjacker springs.

> just put some silicon tube over the part that goes into the crimp connector
> to stop the chafing.  I feel if I inspect these lines often I wont have any
> problems, I won't worry to much about officer friendly inspecting my brake
> lines.

On my stock lines, the driver's side has this "tube" while the passenger
side (both the original, and the replacement original I had handy) does
not.  The passenger side is a bit chewed up.. much more than I like, but
I haven't found a suitable replacement yet (aside from a $40 new stock
line that would do the same)

-Tom