Re: First weld

William Cunningham wrote:
> I wonder if a rear bumper with receiver hitch would be a good first
> project? It would not involve
> the drive train/running gear or safety equipment.
> Any thoughts or suggestions?

*I* am concerned about fabbing my FRONT bumper with receiver hitch n'
such myself.. bumper is fine.. add in the "receiver hitch" and "tow
hook" part, and I start getting concerned. :-)

OTOH, if she has a welding instructor, she's better off than I am... so
have at it!

Don't forget air tanks.

> Any designs you would like to share for educations sake?

I'll share my rear bumper design after I get my front bumper design
finished and the bumepr built.. and I can then turn my attention to the
rear. :-)  The front is pretty simple to visualize.. I still need to sit
down and spend some time staring at the rear of the frame...

-Tom
BTW, how old is your daughter now?  And she welds?  Can she change a
motor out and cook breakfast before noon?
I already have photographic evidence that she likes Scouts...
http://walnut.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/jpg/rmihr98/willy/firstssii/willysdaughter.jpg