Re: milemarker

some one said the weak  link of the milmarker was the power steering pump
is not meant for continuos use at high pressure.  I have a milemarker and
the power steering pump can handle high pressure for extended periods, or
at least it has for me.  I once winched my scout with a 3/4 ton ford with
camper chained to my bumper up a steep snow covered hill for a few hundred
feet.  This took a few hours and yes the winch did stall on the third layer
of cable but it kept pulling for hours.  The only week part of this setup
is it is slow.  For that reason I intend to use a PTO driven two stage
pump, or one mounted to the a/c. bracket with a higher flow rate(faster
line speed) and pressure(more pull).  To do this I also need to change the
valve supplied by milemarker because it will only handle 1500 psi at 4.5
gpm (about what most power steering pumps put out on a good day)  with my
new setup I will have more pull and automatic two speed operation that will
speed up line retrieval (the only real soft spot of the single speed winch
in my opinion)
If anyone has a spare PTO adapter for a t 19/t 18  let me know
Thanks
John Ekelmann