Re: About reverse shackles

RIK D DESJARDIN wrote:

> On doing a reverse shackle project is it neccesary to modify the drive
> line?  I'm not going to go with the buggy spring and I'm not going to
> make the new shackles any longer than the stock front shackles.

I think so, Rik.

You're changing the setup from a "compress-and-go-forward" axle (or as
the springs compress, the driveshaft gets longer) to a "compress and go
rearward" or shorter driveshaft when you stuff the tires.

Thus a different driveshaft is needed.. or at least, shorten the one you
have and use a longer slip-joint.