Ballast with MSD

I don't think the ballast resistor will help or hinder the operation of the MSD (or any other eletronic ignition triggered by points), since, as someone already said (John L, Steve S?), it is low current.  the points simply trigger the msd box to fire.  Where as regular points, the primary current can be substantial, the resistor limits it so as not to damage the points.
At least that's my take, I'm still learning.
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20