Welding galvanized steel, service manual (Scout 800) questions

Someone, I think Doug R. (?? could be wrong) said that their 3 800's all
had galvanized steel body panels, and mentioned welding on them.  Is this
smart??  Doesn't welding on galvanized steel give off a poisonous gas?
Cyanide is what comes to mind, but I don't remember for sure....  All I
know is that the welder who works with Dad (Dad says he could weld a
couple of 2x4's together if he had too, that is how good he is....) won't
weld galvanized steel anymore because of this.....  I *know* it gives off
some sort of bad-for-you gas, so what is it???

Anyway, my real question comes now....  Where are the tune-up specs for a
Scout 800 located in the manual??  I wasn't sure when my mechanic asked
me, so I thought I would ask.  I guess my accelerator pump isn't working
correctly in my carb, so that is part of the problem with my Scout.

Does anyone with an 800 have 2 toggle switches located at the bottom of
the dash, approx. in the middle where the shifters are??  What are they
for??????  I haven't been able to trace the wires yet.  They look stock,
but I don't know what they would be for.

More questions are yet to come, I am sure, before I get this thing back
from the mechanic..... *grin*

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800