Need 68 Travelall Info

Well I'm still trying to get my 68 4x4 Travelall back on the road. In my
quest for parts, including a new carb and alternator, I have started to
qestion which model I have.

The VID number is 100C213107H836208 which seems like it should be a 1/2
ton. However it appears to have 3/4 ton running gear. It has 6 lug wheels
and in general looks bigger that my parts truck which is 2wd. Is there any
good way to tell what I have? Also the engine which I thought was a 345
may possibly be a 304 I have searched for the tell tail stamp in the
engine ID FAQ but havn't had much luck finding it. Can this stamp only be
found if the engine is dissassembled? Is there another way to find out.

Thanks for your help,

Ben Cole
(jones'n to drive my IH)