Ballast resisotr

2. I just purchased an ACCEL super coil. Do I need to use the ballast resistor supplied?

A.It depends on which ignition system its being used with. When using a single or dual point distributor,
coil positive should be supplied with 8-10 volts with the key in the "run" position. Check it with a voltmeter and use the resistor only if necessary. Less than seven volts will result in a weak spark, and over ten volts will burn the points. Nearly all electronic ignitions require twelve volts (no resistor). This includes HEI, ACCEL, 41000 and 51000 series, and enhancer box systems (ACCEL 300+, Mallory HyFire, MSD) an exception to this is the Mallory Unilite distributor when wired directly to the coil (no spark box). This
required 7-9 volts supplied to coil positive. When using the supercoil with stock Chrysler or Ford Duraspark systems, use the ballast specified by the manufacturer.

---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20