RE: Meat vs Tofu

Hey, that's an unfair comparison:  I use tofu like I'd use lard, it's fine
for
cooking, but the idea of fried cubes of lard could ruin my appetite!

I've been a vegetarian for six years now.  The biggest difference in the
food is that meat is an easy way out.  Without it, you end up with more
reliance on diverse vegetables, grains, and legumes, along with more
spices.  It's more work, but I prefer the results.  Of course, when
camping out reliance upon meat is a bit of a liability, since it is prone to
rotting with dangerous consequences.

BTW, the RMIHR served up an interesting diversity of meat products.
Most people seemed pretty pleased with the wild game selections.
Myself, I ended up with a big pile of meat-polluted beans :(.

This year, I plan to have my scout set up to cook off the engine (if I can
figure out a good way to get a flat hot surface based on the exhaust
manifolds).  Then, if Tom's got his air-powered blender working we can have
some cool mixed drinks along with it ;-).

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout "Cuisine Machine"
1975 Travelall
1974 Travelall