Australian Scouts

> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:34:52 EST
> From: n9ads@domain.elided (Howard R Pletcher)
> Subject: Australian Scouts
>
> The latest SIMTA newsletter has a Member's Rig photo from someone in
> Australia.  Referring to his truck he said it was one of about 1200
> Scouts imported in '78 and '79-50% Travelers, 10% Terras, and 40%
> Traveltops, all with 345 engines and right hand drive.  A group photo
> shown includes one Scout 80 as well.
>
> It doesn't sound like any were built there.
>
> Howard Pletcher
> Howteron Products Scout Parts

While driving back Sunday to Miami, FL, on I-95, I passed a RHD Scout II
also traveling south between Ft. Mayers and Naples.

It didn't have any apparent postal modifications, jus seem to be a regular
Scout II except the steering wheel was on the right side of the vehicle.

I guess this one didn't make it to an ex-British colony.

Ted borck	tborck@domain.elided