Re: Welding Starter Info

Michael,
   I don't have to many answers for you here, I have a welding book that
explains the different styles of welders, but; it is buried in my room.
I'll try and find it and give you the name.
   The body mount bushings on my parts truck just kinda pulled through
the fram with the help of a large screwdriver and a BFH. I just kinda
cut the top bushing in half with the screwdriver and pushed the
remainder through the hole.
   If you want to get a welder for body work you want to get a MIG of
some for of torch. I'm told that you should learn to weld with a torch
first, then; once you have mastered that you can weld with anything.
There was a fellow at Carlisle show this year selling a torch kit that
I'm going to buy that welds sheetmetal like you were soldering! It is
fairly low heat so the metal doesn't warp and it is alost a seamless
joint. I'll dig up the website for that as well and mail it to you.
   Well, maybe I did have something to help you some. I didn't want to
abandone my weekend warrior buddy.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The