Wheel off-set and size

Hello all.  Long time reader, first time submitter :)

I have a need to get new wheels (or rims, I don't know what the difference
is) for my "new" Scout II.  What do I need to know about size, off-set,
etc.  The rims the previous owner put on rub the calipers (until a groove
was worn into the wheel), and I do not want to run into that problem again.

I have a '79 which is stock, but I am putting a 2" lift on next month.
Right now I have 31"x10.5" tires with, I think, 15"wheels.  I would like to
stay with the same tire size and maybe have the option to go to 32" in the
future.  I don't think I will ever go any bigger than 32".

Thanks in advance fo any info,
Skip