Re: steering box, Dave

Steering Box Update and More Questions from Dave

> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 07:20:27 -0700 (MST)
> From: Mark A Pepe <mpepe@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: steering box, Dave
>
> Dave,
>
> In regards to your steering box replacement could you relay the part # and
> cost. I think that the box in your 77 is the same in my 76 ( which might
> need replacing soon)
> Thanks!
>
> Mark

I have not got an over the counter part number yet.  The IH Model is S-281 and IH Code 05281.
Maybe Kevin can help us.  The cost for the two posibilites (3/4" or 13/16" input shaft) is about $225
to $250 rebuilt.

> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 08:20:30 -0600
> From: Kevin Curry <kevin@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: steering box, Dave
>

> I just replaced mine a few month ago and I think I still have pics up on my
> site with a clear shot of the part #. Is yours mounted to the inside or
> outside of the frame?
>
> http://www.redhummer.net

I could not find a picture of the steering box, but your line setting tag has the exact same number as
mine.  Do you still have paperwork with a part number of your replacement?  My box is mounted to the
outside of the frame.

Thanks Again,
Dave VanderVelde
70 Bronco (Non running.  Motor, headers, clutch, water pump, radiator, alternator, harmonic ballancer,
moter mounts, all new and all over my garage just waiting for me)
77 Scout II (195,000 miles and still runs like new.  Steering pretty lousy, but sure runs good.)