fuel pump

Binders,
   Last night I pulled the new electric pump out from under Good and
took it back to Pep Boys for a replacement that works. I had a heck of a
time geting a new one. the Pep Boys right around the corner from me
didn''t have a new one in stock so I had to run to the next store over,
about 20 minutes. Well, I get there and the guy is giving me a hard time
because I didn't bring everything that came in the kit with me to return
it. I almost laughed at the guy, what, did he think I was going to
totall dismantly the entire setup and bring it back when all I needed
was a pump? So, I get the new pump and installed it and hook it right to
the battery and turn the key, VrOOOOOM. The truck ran under it's own
power and with it's own fuel delivery system!
   So, the problem, and moral of the story, is don't buy junk from Pep
Boys to begine with.  Now, saturday morning I need to put the fender
back on, front end stuff back in and install a radio and then we can
drive it to Lancaster on saturday afternoon for the meeting.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The
"Good" 1979 Scout II  345/auto