33" Tires On a Scout

Delurking a bit, but what dan said is right.  I have a 4" suspension & a
3" body lift, and run 33/12.50-15 BFG Mud Terrains on 10" steelies.  At
Paragon, I never hit the fenders, much to Dan's chagrin.  But I think it
was not only the body lift, but the stiffness of the suspension.  I have
very little wheel travel when compared to Dan's Triangle lift.  The PO
put both forms of lift on, but I believe the suspension portion is from
Rugged Trail.  Regardless, the older lifts, I think y'all will agree,
were generally stiffer.  Why just a few years ago, the rock crawling
rage hadn't really gotten out of the southwest.  Now, everyone has a
softride, an easy ride, whatever.  So my point is that while I
experience no rubbing, that ain't necessarily a good thing.  Depends on
what you want.  I tow a 3800lb boat/trailer with it & it doesn't sag a
bit.  But I want flex.  I think that if I were to install the Triangle
lift, I may experience some (flex and/or rubbing).

Oh yeah - I do get some rubbing on the front springs, but that is more a
symptom of incorrect backspacing IMO.  One thing you may want to pay
attention to when doing a body lift (especially a 3-incher) is the
transfer case shift lever.  Several people have had clearance probs,
which are easily remedied with a nibbler.  The filler tube does ride
with the body, but aftermarket big tanks generally don't - like my 33
gal.  I used to view body lifts with disdain - "that's not a real lift",
but have since changed my mind.  If you want those tires, lift it.  If
you want clearance, lift it.  There is only so much trimming you can do.
Have fun!  If you want to see how it looks, email me & I'll send you a
pic.

Rob Cavaleri

PS- Hey Dan!  How about some details for that damn meeting this weekend?
I dunno if Petterson wants to ride with me in the Bavarian Bahnburner!