Re[6]: Wait, Carter AFB repros need an adapter?

     OK, now we're getting somewhere!

        John,

        This is the issue.  DO I NEED TO KEEP THE AFB to remain stock?  If
     Holley was the stock carb, which one?  I can't imagine with the care
     (or lack thereof) that my 74 has had in the past, that anyone would
     have put a carburetor on it.  Heck, there are pieces missing.  I don't
     even have the air cleaner.  Where are they gonna scrounge up a carb?

        Good, we're talking about the same issue now.  Should I stick with
     the Holley I got from a bud at work, OR do I try to remain with the
     AFB that I *thought* was a factory part.  Howard, which one was stock
     for a square bore in '74?

        Thanks for the epiphany, John.

     -Joel

-----AS ALWAYS THE INCLUDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS-----

Author:  jlandry@domain.elided at mime

When he stopped taking his medication, strange voices in
jmbrodsky@domain.elided's head said:

>     One last Q.  How did the factory IH manifolds clear the AFB if
>     the barrels are too small?

Did IH ever put an AFB on a square-bore manifold???

I always thought they used Holleys on the square-bore manifold and
Thermoquads on the spread-bore manifolds.

     John L.

RFC-822-headers: