Re: travelall->GM engine | same mounts as Scout?

Eric Hegstrom wrote:
> have the kit to adapt the tranny. They said they only had motor mounts
> for the Scout.
>
> I was under the impression that the mounts are the same for the
> Travellall as for the Scout. Does anyone know this answer offhand?

Nope.. Scout II and Travelall/Pickup use different style motor mounts..
ask Peter Ferris.. :-)

> Also I would love to hear from anyone else who has done a GM engine swap
> on a travelall.

Now we're going to have a big discussion asking WHY you want to do a GM
engine swap?  I know at least one Digester that pulled his IH motor, put
a 350 SBC in, and then yanked it back out for an IH 304..

Also, the 5spd you have attached to that 304 is fairly rare..

-Tom