Re: Re[2]: Wait, Carter AFB repros need an adapter?

When he stopped taking his medication, strange voices in
jmbrodsky@domain.elided's head said:

>        That clears some things up, but fogs others.  Now,  Why D Hell
>     do the throttle plates on the secondaries stick?  Does my factory
>     AFB stick?  I don't know if they do, since I'm missing half the
>     hardware off the linkages etc.  I am only running the truck on te
>     primaries right now.  The NEW AFBs have bigger secondary
>     butterflies?  The quicksand slowly solidifies.

The secondary throttle bores on the Carter / Edelbrock / Weber are slightly
larger than the secondary intake manifold bores on the IH engine.  Carb
bores vary considerably in size between models and manufacturers.  The
primaries in these AFB clones are smaller than the bores in the IH
manifold.

>        John,  Did you put on an AFB repro?  How much for gasket,
>     carb, and everything else.  How much pain for the jetting etc.
>     Can someone else figure out the jets for me,  I really don't want
>     to take the time to goof with it.  I want to get the truck on the
>     road soon, after the floorpans this is the next hurdle.

I put on an Edelbrock and it's in the FAQ on the Binder Bulletin web site.
Let me know if you have any questions after you read it.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |