Cluthc Notes

Which reminds me... WHY do you replace a clutch PRESSURE PLATE?  The
friction or clutch disc is a wear item.. the throw-out bearing is a wear
item, too, though I've never fried one.. but why/when do you replace the
pressure plate?

Tom,

The pressure plate can wear too from the clutch disc.  It can get grooves in
it, hot spots, etc.  Another option is to have the plate turned by your
local machine shop.  Sometimes that is easier than having the tooth gear
re-installed.

Jim Hadfield
'48 KB-5
Old IHC Truck Special Interest Group