fuel pump

Silly me. I just read the cover of the package that the fuel pump came
in. It says that the pump runs silently. So, I just assumed (there is
that word again)  that the pmp wan't working since there wasn't any fuel
coming up at the fuel pump and I couldn't hear the pump run. I have the
pump feed running through the fuel pump, but; there could be a blockage
in the pump it's self and that may be preventing the fuel from getting
to the carb, Does that make sense? I may get dressed warmer and wander
out into the dark and cold and pull the feed side of the mechanical pump
off and see if the electric will pmp any fuel out there. If it does then
all I need to do is by-pass the mechanical pump for now.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The
"Good" 1979 Scout II  345/auto