Re: Holley ProJection vs 4BBl carb

On 1/11/99, Men from Black Helicopters forced "Howard R Pletcher" to write :

> Unless one of the aftermarket vendors makes one, the only way I know to
> get a 4 bbl manifold for the 304 is to get a 345/392 manifold and have it
> machined to narrow it--I think about 1/4" on each side.  This is because
> the 304 has a shorter stroke and the V is not as wide at the top because
> of this.
>
> I can probably pick up a used manifold for you in the $75-100 price
> range.  The only question is whether you need a square bore (as used with
> the Holley carbs) or a spread bore (used with the Thermoquad).

can't I take the 304 manifold and cut a square bore..??   I plan to use the
Holley 4di system so I belive that needs the square bore?

Vinnie Moscaritolo
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
Fingerprint: 3F903472C3AF622D5D918D9BD8B100090B3EF042

Those who hammer their swords into plows,
will plow for those who don't."