Re: Tow Bar Experience

I don't know any particulars... I heard he was parked on the side of the
road.. something about a snow-plow or maybe an emergency situation or
something.. but he was simply sitting on the side of the road, stopped.

No idea how fast the Ford pickup was going that hit 'im.  The hood
buckled, and the grille and front sheet metal was pushed back into the
engine, but the engine itself wasn't damaged.

I didn't look to see if the Scout has belts or not... factory lap belts
if anything.

But I was told the driver didn't walk away.. he was shipped off to the
Hospital.  The windshield is broken as well, though I can't say it was
from the accident.  The steering wheel itself did not break off..
though, as I said, the column is fully collapsed (4"?) and the
U-joint-to-rag-joint section of the steering column is bent.  When we
get to yanking that off, I'll grab a digital pic to share.

I really feel for the previous owner.  :-(

And he was just PARKED on the side of the road!