Re: Re: Cam checking, Landry, etc.

John L wrote:
>Degreeing the cam is not terribly difficult, just tedious enough so it's
sort
of a pain and probably avoided by most rebuilders.  As I understand it, if
they check a cam at all, many people just check one cylinder and call it
good
if that's in spec.  Anal folks like me will want to check all the cylinders
of
course.  <grin><

John,

 Tedious, to say the least.   But, you gotta do what you gotta do.<G>

  Now my question is,  you know what the "print" specs are,  do you know
what the acceptable/unacceptable out of tolerance condition is?
Considering that these cams might be ground on a "copying" type of machine,
I'd expect there would be some deviation from print.

Doug