Transmission Swapability, Steering

Two big questions today.  Tranny question first:  Does anybody know if the
304 and the 152 had the same bell housing pattern in 1967 (or thereafter,
for that matter)?  I have a spare T28 from my '67 1000B pickup that I want
to use on my '67 800.  (Well, at least until I fix the one that's in there
now -- Again, does anybody know where I might find a T28 rebuild kit?  I'm
hurting, here...)

Now for the more obscure steering question:  Anybody know what size/thread
the steering shaft on a '67 800 is?  The previous owner cross-threaded the
nut that holds on the steering wheel, and I'd like to rethread the shaft
and get a new nut so the wheel doesn't wobble.  The previous owner claims
to have driven the Scout for 3 years with a wobbly wheel, but I'd rather
not push my luck by scrimping on a $1.69 nut and 10 minutes time required
to fix the problem!  Besides, I don't like the idea of *anything* in my
steering gear wobbling.

Later,

Alan St. John
'67 800 Postal Scout