Re: Carb for my T'all

There are two styles of adapters available. One is just a steel gasket
that lifts the carb an 1/8" or so. This is what you want to get. This
wouldn't afect a Formula One car's airflow for what it does. All you
need it for is to allow the secondaries of the card to open all the way.
Without the adapter the throttle plates hit the manifold before WOT.
There is a 1" thick adapter that I have on my truck which I like, but;
it pts the aircleaner into the hood and I can't close the hood right.
This porforms the same function, but it also isolates the carb from the
manifold heat.
   On any IH engine the RPM's are so low that nothing could cause an
airflow disruption that would adversly affect the performance that
significantly. Now if you were turning 6000 RPM's like on an Arena racer
like Tom M is building, then maybe it could be significant.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The
"Good" 1979 Scout II  345/auto