Bulkhead Connector??? Naaaaaahhhh....

Mr. Landry wins a prize.. *I think*.

Driving back to the office from a quick meeting... blah, I stall.  Same
as yesterday.. feels like it wants to run, but it's dragging...

So I turn down a side street.. still in gear, still no run.  Further
down the side street and into a parking lot.  Crank and crank.

Runs with the key START, stalls when I hit RUN.  Again and again.

I get out so I can get my head under the dash better to look at the
switch on the column like Joel mentioned.. wiggle it, touch it, push
it.. hmmm.. try it again.. nothing.  Try some more, it runs!

Start back up the side street.  Reach the street I *was* on at the stop
sign.. push the brake, it dies.  Crank it over.. runs.. push brake..
dies.  dies.  Won't start again.

Put 'er into reverse, ride the starter backwards and into another
parking lot.

Curse

This time I smacked, jiggled, wiggled the connector on the column to no
avail.  Pop the hood, wiggle the bulkhead connector (or what's left of
mine), climb back in, fires right up.

I then wiggled the bulkhead connector some more but it didn't stall.
Shut the hood, and drove to lunch instead of the office. :-)

Worked fine on the way back to work, too.

So maybe John's right..

Time to dig out some contact cleaner and just REMOVE what's left of the
rubber "cap" and get the bulkhead connected *well* until I get new
connectors...

Fun Fun Fun. :)

-Tom