Got Dolly home, boy is she thirsty!

Well, after no small effort I've got my 1970 1300D home.  She's a former
fire truck [4X4, 392, 4sp, 1ton, dually, PS/PB], was a brush fire truck
equipped w/ a 600 gal tank & pump.  Some questions for the pro's:

Best I've been able to determine is the R&P is 4.87, the only one listed in
the manual for the FA-52 front axle in this beast. Sound correct?

Although the line setting ticket says power brakes (and it stops pretty
easily considering it's size) there is no vacuum assist canister, the
master cylinder is mounted directly to the firewall, what gives?

Where can I get a power steering cap?

The line setting ticket says a 16 gal tank but I ran it dry on my way home,
put 4 gals from a GI can in her drove about 10 miles to a gas station and
could only get 10 more gals in her.  How likely is it that the ticket is
wrong and I've got the 13 gal tank?

She gets a rock solid 7.5 mpg so needless to say I've got to add additional
fuel capacity.  The where aux. tanks that have been removed because the
terminated fuel lines are still there.  Any suggestions on aux. tanks that
will ride between the frame rails?

The fuel pump has been converted to electric, any comments pro/con?

The fuel tank is under vacuum when the filler cap (not the original btw),
it sucks air in and emits a 'pop' as the tank expands.  I'm used to fuel
tanks being under pressure (if anything) when the cap is removed, is this a
problem?

More questions to come, thanks for any help you can share...

Steve	'79 SSII & '70 1300D

she's called Dolly because she's so heavy upfront (BIG PTO) and light in
the rear (open frame rails)...

much thanks to John Landry for his assistance so far (he's gonna faint when
he sees the oil under the hood!)