Re: Winter Update

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Scott Machalk wrote:

> Well, I have Blizzak's on the winter car and I have been really impressed.
> The Dunlop MTs on the Scout were awful in the hard packed snow compared to
> the Blizzaks. I think that when I do drive the Scout in the winter I am
> going to put Blizzaks on it for the winter and keep the Dunlop MTs on for
> the summer.

You weren't paying attention to my complaints about my Cooper Discoverer
STTs, were you? :-)

If they're anything like my STTs, or the less-agressive BFG MTs, they're
just big lugs with no siping or anything... siping helps a bunch on hardpack.

or.. like you said.. snow tires.  That was my plan.. I just didn't have a
spare set of rims and $500 to plunk down when winter came around.. and
I'm not positive I don't want to wear out my STTs yet.. I haven't decided
what my next tires will be.. if I'll keep the STTs or find something else..

-Tom