Sport Comp tack with a Holly Gold Box?

Is there a problem attaching a tack to a Scout with the Holly Gold Box
distributor?  I seem to remember a thread about there being a problem
with this.   At the time of the post, I planned on having an MSD (with a
tack output) in the Scout before purchasing a tack, so I didn't pay much
attention to the problem.   Well, I need a tack first.  I'd like to
install the 2 5/8" Auto Meter Sport-Comp tack, but can't afford both the
tack and MSD right now.    Is my memory playing tricks on me?  Is there a
problem with a tack install using the Holly Gold box distributor?

Thanks all,
Mike Ryan
1977 Scout II, 304 (soon ported 345), automatic, Dana 300, 3.54 gears,
4" superlift springs, 1.25" body lift, 33 X 12.5 Swamper TSL Radials